Obligations Tool

Your progress is 100 percent
Your premises is Class 4

Obligation 1

You only need to notify your local council.
There are no fees for notifying.


image of local council



You must notify your council before you run these activities.
You do not need to notify each year but you need to keep your details up to date with the council so they can contact you if needed.
As the person in charge, it is your responsibility to ensure that the food you are selling is safe, so make sure your volunteers understand food safety.
Do Food Safely
Free online training course for volunteers
Your volunteers can learn more about food safety through the department's free online training course "Do Food Safely".
Council chamber icon
Council environment health officers are the best source of advice on running a safe community food fundraiser or stall – contact your council