Obligations Tool

Your progress is 66 percent
Your premises is Class 2
class 2 badge




  • This Class is for you only if:
    • you sell food solely for the purposes of raising funds for charity and those handling the food are mostly volunteers, or
    • you are a ‘not-for-profit’ body.


  • If you prepare food at home and donate it to be sold somewhere else for fund raising, your home does not need to be registered with the council because this is not a sale of food.


Do Food Safely
Free online training course for volunteers
Your volunteers can learn more about food safety through the department's free online training course "Do Food Safely".
Council chamber icon
Council environment health officers are the best source of advice on running a safe community food fundraiser or stall – contact your council