Obligations Tool

Your progress is 100 percent
Your premises is Class 2

Obligation 3

You need to register with your local council.



image of local council



You must obtain approval from your council before you sell food.
You need to have a food safety program.
You will need to appoint a food safety supervisor if you operate for more than two consecutive days at any one time.

More information

A food safety program is a written plan that shows how your community group will manage the safety of the food you prepare, serve or sell. It is your plan for serving safe food and is a legal requirement for Class 2 food premises.

Do Food Safely
Free online training course for volunteers
Your volunteers can learn more about food safety through the department's free online training course "Do Food Safely".
Council chamber icon
Council environment health officers are the best source of advice on running a safe community food fundraiser or stall – contact your council